Central Records

The Central Records Office is proud to serve the residents and visitors of the Town of Falmouth.

We hope to assist you in making your experience with us as comfortable as possible. We process approximately 30,000 calls for service a year, therefore, due to the large number of requests, we ask for your cooperation. We will do our best to serve you in a timely manner.

Request a Motor Vehicle Crash Report

Crash Reports are available online, via email, via US Mail, via fax, and in person. Typically motor vehicle crash reports are available 3-5 days after your accident. If your report is not completed in a timely manner, please call us at 774-255-4527 and ask to speak to a supervisor.


File a Motor Vehicle Crash Operator’s Report

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires any operator of a motor vehicle involved in a crash to file a Motor Vehicle Crash Operator’s Report within 5 days whenever someone is injured, killed or there is damage to vehicles or other property in excess of $1,000. This report should be made out in triplicate, with the original sent to the RMV in Boston (address is on form), one copy forwarded to the police department in the city of town where the accident occurred and the operator should keep one copy for his/her insurance company.

Registry of Motor Vehicle Forms